Bundle up and head to the parks this winter! Our parks offer a variety of places for winter recreation and spaces to enjoy beautiful views. Here are a few of our winter favorites throughout the community!
Bundle up and head to the parks this winter! Two of the most popular places for snowy excitement are the sliding hills!
- East Bridge Park, 119 East River Street
- Sliding hill in one of the City’s premiere riverfront parks.
- River Mill Park, 6332 River Mill Drive
- Lighted sliding hill in one of the most popular neighborhood parks.
- West Bridge Park, 107 West River Street
- General skating rink
- No attendant on duty – skate at your own risk
- Warming house available to rent
- 4th Street Park, 506 East 4th Street
- Two hockey rinks
- One general skating rink
- Warming house & attendant on duty during posted hours:
- Monday – Friday: 4 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Weekends: 11 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- School Vacation Days: 11 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Christmas Day: Closed
Winter Park Reservations
The West Bridge Park Community Room is open for winter reservations. There is one general ice-skating rink near the shelter and a sliding hill at the adjoining East Bridge Park. Reserve the shelter for your winter skating and/or sledding event! Please make your reservation online. You can also email your questions to email@example.com.
The Moose Sherritt Ice Arena is an indoor rink located on the east end of the Monticello Middle School. Public skating at the indoor ice arena is included with an MCC membership. Cost for non-members is $6/person and skate rentals are available for $3/pair. The community center offers public skate hours, a men’s spring hockey league, and Learn to Skate programs throughout the year. Please visit the Monticello Community Center's website for information about public skate hours.
Snowmobile Regulation Reminders
Snowmobile trails in the city limits are clearly posted with signs, and maps are available here. Snowmobiles are prohibited from operating in the following areas:
- Interstate highways or freeways
- Sidewalks, pathways & boulevards within public right-of-way
- Public property, including city parks and school property
- Private property without consent
- Between 11 p.m. and 7 a.m. within 300 feet of a residence
- At speeds exceeding 15 MPH
Bertram Chain of Lakes Regional Park
Winter activities at the Bertram Chain of Lakes Regional Park include groomed ski and snowshoe trails as well as maintained mountain bike trails for fat bike riding! Cross-country skis and snowshoes are available to rent at the contact station at the campground. Contact Wright County Parks & Recreation for hours of operation, (763) 295-0409.
The Bertram Chain of Lakes Regional Park Campground is also open throughout the winter season, offering 38 RV sites and six camper cabins. The camper cabins are heated and cooled and are available year-round. They can be reserved no more than 120 days in advance. Please note, during the winter months there is no potable water source for cabin rentals. There is a bathroom and shower available at the contact station for use by renters during the winter months. You can make reservations online.
Ice fishing is allowed in the park, and you may use gas powered ice augers for drilling holes. Please remember that ATVs, trucks, snowmobiles, or other motorized vehicles are not allowed on the trails or lakes in the park! All Wright County Park Ordinances must be followed.