Monticello residents, schools, clubs and service organizations can make our parks more beautiful for everyone by adopting one!
The program is set up for groups to visit their adopted park on a regular basis to pick up litter and perform tasks to help keep the park clean.
You're not expected to mow grass, trim vegetation, clean restrooms or perform major repairs or maintenance.
The work of volunteers helps keep our parks in their best condition throughout the busiest seasons. It also extends the benefits of tax dollars by allowing park employees to spend time on other crucial projects, such as major renovations, repairs, and maintenance work.
Plus, adopting a park isn't just about work; it's also about fun! Your group's time at your adopted park could include a picnic, outdoor games, or a fishing outing. Best of all, it's an opportunity to get to know one another better while making a difference in our community.
- Have two scheduled dates of trash collection (bags provided by the City)
- Notify Park Superintendent of trash collection dates
- Contact the city for trash bag pickup
- Sweep court surfaces
- Clean picnic tables and benches
- Clean and rake children's play areas
- Remove graffiti
- Plant flowers or trees, if desired (Plants and planting locations must be approved in advance)
Groups are also asked to make note of:
- Buildings or structures needing repair
- Dirty restrooms
- Unsafe conditions
- Vandalism damage