Recreational Vehicle Registration & Transfers

Types of Recreational Vehicles

  • Snowmobiles
  • Trail Permits
  • ATV/Public and Agriculture
  • Off Road Motorcycles
  • Boats


A Bill of Sale is required on non-titled watercraft or recreational vehicles. A DNR Bill of Sale is available at the DMV office for your use. A handwritten Bill of Sale is also acceptable. Please include the Year, Length, Make, Model, Hull ID and Registration Number, as well as the date of sale and amount of purchase. Both seller and buyer must sign the document.


Customers who wish to renew a recreational vehicle (Boat, ATV, OHV, etc.) registration that is not registered to them without a renewal card at the time of the visit will need to provide a Consent to Release Private Data for Recreational Vehicle Form (PDF).

Minnesota Department of Natural Resources

For more information, visit the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources website.