City of Monticello, MN



DNR Recreational Vehicle Registration & Transfers

  • Snowmobiles

  • Trail Permits
  • ATV/Public and Agriculture
  • Off Road Motorcycles
  • Boats

A Bill of Sale or the registration card from the current owner is required on non-titled watercraft or recreational vehicles. A DNR Bill of Sale is available at the DMV office for your use. A handwritten Bill of Sale is also acceptable. Please include the Year, Length, Make, Model, Hull ID and Registration Number, as well as the date of sale and amount of purchase. Both seller and buyer must sign the document.

Customers who wish to renew a recreational vehicle (Boat, ATV, OHV, etc.) registration that is not registered to them without a renewal card at the time of the visit will need to provide a Consent to Release Private Data for Recreational Vehicle form.

Last year the DNR and Snowmobile Clubs began a program to keep the snowmobile trails constantly groomed.  If you ride any state trails you will need to purchase a trail permit in addition to your registration.  You can purchase these permits in our office.  At the time of registration renewal on your snowmobile, you have the option of purchasing a 3 year permit of $31.00.  Otherwise you must purchase a 1 year permit for $16.00.  All that is needed for this permit is your driver's license.

For more information, visit the DNR's web site @

City of Monticello - 505 Walnut Street - Monticello, Minnesota - 55362 - Phone: 763-295-2711 - Fax: 763-295-4404