What You Need to Know About Delinquent Utility Bills:
- Residents receive their utility bills monthly.
- Bills are always due on the 1st of the month.
- Past due amounts automatically roll onto the next month’s bill, with a late fee, as a beginning balance.
- The late fee is 10% of the total bill.
- In September, delinquent accounts with a balance of $50.00 or more are sent a notice of public hearing.
If left unpaid, past due amounts of $50.00 or more are certified to the property taxes by the end of November, including 6% interest calculated from the public hearing date and a $75.00 assessment processing charge.
Own a rental property in Monticello? Use any of these options to be notified of a delinquent balance at your rental:
- Request a copy of the monthly bill be sent to you every month.
- Contact City Hall to request a current balance at any time.
Add the renter’s account to your online utility billing profile.