What Residents Need to Know About Monticello's Water Quality:
- Monticello's water hardness is 18-21 grains and iron content is .06-.16.
- Monticello has five wells ranging from 148’ – 310’ deep.
- The wells draw water from underground aquifers; Monticello is served by the Quarternary Buried Artesian and Cambrian, Undifferentiated Aquifers
- Two wells pump into the Reservoir and three wells pump directly into water towers.
- Water towers are taken off line once per year for cleaning and chlorination.
- The Minnesota Department of Health requires the city to sample water 120 times per year for bacteria.
The City is required to submit a Consumer Confidence Report each year by July 1st.